Safety and Environmental Training for Users
You will need to complete the following training prior to your arrival here; this must be completed before the Users Office will issue a badge. You will need to pass a test for each of the following training classes in order to receive credit for them.
Instructions and links on how to complete each training class and then take the tests are listed below.
THREE REQUIRED TRAINING CLASSES:
- ESHQ New User / Employee Orientation can be completed by going to the following page:
And watch the following videos:
- Introduction to Fermilab New Employee/User Orientation
- Job Hazard Analysis
- General Employee Radiation Training
- Environmental Management System
- Electrical Safety Orientation
- Hazard Communication
- GHS Hazard Communication Update
There are also the following reference materials that you can read through, if needed:
- Sexual Harassment Training can be completed by viewing the following PowerPoint slide presentation: http://esh-docdb.fnal.gov/cgi-bin/RetrieveFile?docid=3213
- Workplace Violence and Active Shooter/Active Threat Awareness Training can be completed by watching the following video: http://www-esh.fnal.gov/ESH&Q_Lectora/FN000508-CR-01_Active_Shooter/index.html
TO TAKE THE TESTS FOR EACH OF THESE THREE TRAINING CLASSES:
You will need to repeat these steps in order to complete the test for all THREE training classes.
- Click on the “test” link that is available at the end of the presentations, OR…
- Go to: http://www-esh.fnal.gov/pls/default/esh_tests.html
- In the drop down menu under “Select an online test”, select one of the following classes:
- “New Employee/User ESH&Q Orientation [FN000034/CR] 283”
- “Sexual Harassment Awareness and Prevention for Fermilab Users, Visitors and Contract Employees [FN000531/CB] 1885” (double check to make sure you have the right class number on this one because there is more than one “Sexual Harassment” training listed)
- “Workplace Violence and Active Shooter/Active Threat Awareness Training [FN000508/CR] 1306”
- In the box under “Enter your Fermi ID,” type in your Fermi ID # (i.e. 10101V)
- Click on the button to the left of “Visitor” (under “Enter your Fermi ID”)
- Click on the “Submit” button
- On the following page, your email address will be displayed in bold type; verify that the email address is correct.
- If the email address is incorrect, contact us ASAP to correct it
- If the email address is correct, then click on the “Request Test” button
- A link to the test will be emailed to you shortly.
- Log in to your email and click on the link that is sent to you.
- Follow the instructions on the test link to complete the test.
Questions? Comments? Contact the Users Office!